P4 Group to manage Subway Surf Series
Subway Australia has signed on with Brisbane-based marketing communications agency P4 Group, to manage the PR and digital communications for the Subway Surf Series. Kicking off in January 2017 at Victoria’s Bells Beach, the Subway Surf Series is the result of a partnership with Surfing Australia and the World Surf League.
Since announcing their support of the event two years ago, the national grassroots surfing competition has grown from three events to a seven-event Pro Junior competition, providing the winning athletes with an opportunity to win a coveted world title at the WSL Junior Championships in 2018.
P4 Group have previously led the PR and communications for large-scale events including the Brisbane Festival, the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship and The Sunday Mail Suncorp Bank Bridge to Brisbane Day.
McGrath Foundation rolls out new branding
Design agency Hulsbosch has created a new logo and branding for breast cancer organisation, the McGrath Foundation. The fresh look was completed pro bono, and represents the evolving journey of the McGrath Foundation as well as Jane McGrath’s enduring legacy.
The new logo is framed by a new graphical element known as the life force, and a moodier hot pink is paired with the richness of aubergine and secondary colours red, purple, soft blue and soft pink bring versatility and expressiveness to the McGrath Foundation look and feel.
The release of the new branding coincided with the Pink Test at the Sydney Cricket Ground today,
where third day of the test sees all those attending asked to wear pink. McGrath Foundation cricket campaigns include an updated version of the original ‘stumps’ branding to reflect the enduring bond the foundation has with Australia’s cricketing community.
“The new McGrath Foundation logo represents the warm embrace of the care and support provided by McGrath Breast Care Nurses, and also reflects the energy and vitality of supporters, and friends of the McGrath Foundation,” commented founder and chairman, Glenn McGrath.
“The new logo not only reflects the help our McGrath Breast Care Nurses give to families right across Australia but also ways that the McGrath Foundation continues to grow and innovate.”
nib partners with Smart Video Australia
Health-insurer nib Health Funds has teamed up with personalised-video specialists Smart Video Australia to improve the way they welcome, inform and engage new customers, featuring a personalised welcome video to new customers from brand ambassador, Paul ‘The Chief’ Harragon.
The videos are sent to customers as part of their welcome-email within 30 minutes of completing membership online. In addition, the videos are streamed live within seconds of the customer hitting the ‘play’ button with the creation of each video triggered by a data-file.
“At nib, we put customer at the heart of everything we do. As part of this we are continually looking for ways to improve the customer experience such as using new technology to speak to our customers in a way that surprises and delights them,” said nib group executive, Rhod McKensey.
“These videos are a great example of this innovative-thinking. We are making it easier for customers to understand their policy by providing this content in an engaging, simple format personalised to each individual.”
The system offers the potential to fundamentally transform nib’s ability to interact with members cross the customer lifecycle – from acquisition, through to onboarding, to retention and even claims-processing.
- Uber is also turning pink for breast cancer to celebrate the Pink Test. Uber is partnering with the McGrath Foundation to support the invaluable work of the McGrath Breast Care Nurses. Share the promo code: MCGRATHPINK and for every new rider who takes their first trip using the code, Uber will donate $10 to the McGrath Foundation. Plus, they’ll get $20 off their first ride.
- A recruitment drive is currently underway at Australian swimwear brand Seafolly, who are looking for a new head of marketing. Reporting to CEO Anthony Halas, the role will require the successful candidate to set a strong, clear, cohesive and unique global market position for the brand, and create and execute activities across social, digital, PR, sales and advertising partnerships.
- Sydney-based boutique agency Bennett PR is behind the forthcoming launch of the 2017 Hot Dudes and Dogs Rescue Dog Calender, which supports No Kill Animal Shelters. Featuring Sydney's hottest personal trainers, all proceeds of the calendar will go to the vet bills of no kill homes in Sydney.
Comment and get full access to Influencing by registering for FREE
- Read and comment an all stories
- Weekly digest of media and PR news (optional)
- Post media releases to PRWire newswire
- Advertise job vacancies
- List your business in our PR directory
Please note that Influencing is used EXCLUSIVELY by media and influencers,
as well as professionals who manage marketing and communications within their organisations,
so we need a work email address.