PR News at Blackmores, PROI Worldwide, TheRight.Fit and PayPal AustraliaBy Briana Healey in Marcoms News on Thursday, 12th January 2017 at 1:23pm
Rising Australia tennis star Lizette Cabrera and recipient of a wildcard into the Australian Open 2017, has signed up to be an official wellbeing ambassador for vitamin brand Blackmores, during this year’s Australian Open.
Global PR alliance PROI Worldwide expands crisis team
Australia’s Top 50 Influencer Awards launched
Media industry heads have come together to judge the awards including entrepreneur Jane Lu, chief executive officer of Showpo and media from The Australian Financial Review, BuzzFeed Australia, Cosmopolitan Australia, Business Insider & Nova 100.
“Australia should be proud of many of its influencers who have made a name for themselves not just nationally but internationally. It’s great to see MyDeal.com.au create Australia’s Top 50 Influencer Awards and I’m humbled to be part of it,” said Taryn Williams, founder of TheRight.Fit.
The winner will be announced in an editorial on NOVA 100, receive $1000 voucher for Trivago to spend on any hotel room in the world, $1000 spending cash from MyDeal.com.au and a lifetime TheRight.Fit membership.
The top 10 will be announced on the Nova 100 website, included in a photoshoot, will receive a pro membership for TheRight.Fit and a gift bag with brands including Uncle Jack, The Daily Edited, and Roc Eyewear. Agencies and their talent can apply now.
PayPal Australia has appointed Dominic Brandon as head of brand for Australia. Brandon joins PayPal following eight years as group manager of marketing and brand at Allianz Australia. He brings extensive experience from the financial services space.
Most recently, he was responsible for the Allianz Stadium sponsorship and the highly-awarded 'Ahhh-lianz' brand campaign via former agency partner MercerBell. He has previously led business marketing at Commonwealth Bank, and the marketing teams at pay-tv company Austar.
"We established the Head of Brand to further invest in the local marketing team and continue to build on PayPal's strong leadership position in Australia. We will be drawing on Dominic's wealth of knowledge and depth of experience in 2017 and beyond,” remarked Paypal Australia marketing director, Elaine Herlihy.
- Southern Cross Austereo has recruited Football Federation Australia’s Jacqui Hoban to be the radio network’s head of events. Hoban will take on the newly-created role at the end of February, working across marketing and content, sales, The Studio and promotions to drive and execute a national events strategy.
- In addition to brand ambassadorship, Blackmores has also created Australia's newest Well Bot via its digital agency Bastion EBA, using the latest in artificial intelligence technology. This innovative, digital wellbeing coach interacts with consumers at any time, right from your pocket to help you stay on track with your new year's resolutions to Be a Well Being throughout 2017.
- Sydney-based agency WordStorm PR is now representing new subscription service Liverpool St and Meditation Revolution, a business supporting people to experience the benefits offered by the practice of meditation. Media enquiries can be directed to Sarah Fleming at email@example.com.
- Eagle Waves radio have launched a new weekly podcast series that delves into the lives of some of Australia’s most successful individuals as they share insights about their diverse backgrounds, challenges and what makes them tick. Each podcast is accompanied by video footage featuring guests whipping up their brew of choice behind the coffee machine at Sydney CBD’s Vivo Café.
Comment and get full access to Influencing by registering for FREE
- Read and comment an all stories
- Weekly digest of media and PR news (optional)
- Post media releases to PRWire newswire
- Advertise job vacancies
- List your business in our PR directory
Please note that Influencing is used EXCLUSIVELY by media and influencers, as well as professionals who manage marketing and communications within their organisations, so we need a work email address.