Sign in/sign up

News Corp Australia to mark moon landing

By Jonas Lopez in Media News on

One Giant Leap magazine (photo credit: News Corp Australia)News Corp Australia and CSIRO are joining the 50th anniversary celebration of the Apollo 11 moon landing with a special glossy magazine (pictured).

Scheduled for release over the next six weeks starting with tomorrow’s editions of The Daily Telegraph, Herald Sun and Adelaide Advertiser, the 52-page One Giant Leap offers insights on the Apollo 11 crew of Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, and Michael Collins. It will also have interviews with two surviving members of the Parkes Observatory team that helped broadcast the moon landing feed around the world, plus discuss the future of space travel and dissecting the moon landing-hoax conspiracies.  

All of News Corp Australia’s print, social, and digital channels will have coverage of the anniversary.  

“One Giant Leap will take readers on a journey back in time to July 20, 1969, when the world watched, awestruck, as a miracle unfolded on their black-and-white TV sets,” said News Corp Australia content, partnerships and magazines chief Ondrej Foltin.

“The tribute magazine, in partnership with CSIRO, will look back on that momentous day and ahead to the future, with content expected to appeal to a broad audience. We think it will be especially appealing to baby boomers who can remember the moment and school-aged children who’ll be intrigued by just how the moon landing was accomplished.

Membership privileges

  • Read and comment an all stories
  • Weekly digest of media and PR news (optional)
  • Post media releases to PRWire newswire
  • Advertise job vacancies
  • List your business in our PR directory


Please note that Influencing is used EXCLUSIVELY by media and influencers, as well as professionals who manage marketing and communications within their organisations, so we need a work email address.

More Media News

Kyle & Jackie O handed mega breakfast deal

By Jonas Lopez in Media News on

KIIS FM’s Kyle & Jackie O will remain with the station until at least 2022 after signing a $7 million per year deal with owners ARN.

The duo are Sydney’s highest-rating FM breakfast show and sit second only to 2GB’s Alan Jones across the total market.

ARN also announced that Brendan Jones and Amanda Keller from Jonesy & Amanda in the Morning at WSFM, and GOLD104.3’s The Christian O’Connell Breakfast Show will stay on until 2024. 

The contract extensions came about as a result of both The Kyle & Jackie O Show and Jonesy & Amanda in the Morning nabbing the top two FM breakfast market positions for the past five years. O’Connell has also made a strong presence in the Melbourne audience since joining GOLD104.3 last year. ARN is also positioning them as part of the network’s “Defining Audio” branding. 

Some of the show hosts have expressed delight at the new deals.

“Kyle and I truly love our list

Morris assumes Triple M Sydney job

By Jonas Lopez in Media News on

The Triple M Network has tapped Rex Morris as the content director for its Sydney studios.

Network head Mike Fitzpatrick said Morris will succeed Jamie Angel, who recently moved to 2Day as its new breakfast host.

The content director post isn’t new to Morris, having been in a similar post at other Southern Cross Austereo outfits in Brisbane from 1990 to 2013 and also since March 2018 at Triple M Brisbane. He’s also running his own radio network, Resonate Broadcasters, with at least ten stations in Australia and four in Hawaii, USA.

“I am passionate about Triple M and its place in the hearts of our 40+ audience with our rock focus. I’m also thrilled to be joining the Sydney team with Triple M’s amazing heritage in the city and its potential to grow. While I’m sad to be leaving such a fantastic team in Brisbane, I’m looking forward to joining the Sydney team to do great things,” said Morris of his appointment.

Follow Morris on LinkedIn.

Prime Creative takes over Quarry and Insight

By Jonas Lopez in Media News on

Prime Creative Media has assumed the reins of industry titles Quarry (pictured) and Insight from Gunnamatta Media. 

The move will see all of Quarry and Insight’s editorial work for print and digital content, their websites, and its directories run out of Prime Creative’s South Melbourne and Sydney offices. 

Damian Christie has agreed to stay on as Quarry’s editor. He has been at the post for 11 years. Prime Creative will also continue Gunnamatta’s working relationship with the Institute of Quarrying Australia.

Insight assistant editor Callum Glennen and reporter Myles Hume are also going forward with Prime Creative Media. They have been with Gunnamatta for almost a year. 

“We have been working in partnership with Gunnamatta Media to make the transition as smooth as possible for our advertisers and our readers. We will be continuing to build upon the work of Gunnamatta Media, with further investments into the brand, including a new digita

Bauer continues ELLE publishing deal

By Jonas Lopez in Media News on

Bauer Media will still publish fashion magazine ELLE in Australia. 

The company announced that ELLE’s parent company, Lagardére, has agreed to have Bauer Media publish the magazine for seven years. The first Australian edition of ELLE came out in 2013. 

The renewal of Bauer Media’s ELLE publishing deal comes as ELLE Australia is planning moves in the event space business over the next few years and building up the ELLE Insights brand. 

“We’ve celebrated incredible highlights including our August Sustainability issue, our series of digital covers celebrating game-changing talent in the inaugural Elle list, and our launch onto IGTV, which has contributed to exponential growth in Instagram views. With big plans already in play for 2020, the future for Elle Australia is bright,” said ELLE Australia editor-in-chief Genevra Leek.

Carlton finishes at Tasmania Talks

By Jonas Lopez in Media News on

Listeners of Tas talk show Tasmania Talks are suddenly no longer hearing the voice of Brian “Spoonman” Carlton.

Tasmanian Broadcasters announced earlier this month that Carlton was set to finish up on 25 October due to personal reasons. He had been running the show over 7BU, 7AD, and 7XS for the past four years.

However, Carlton was cut off a few minutes into his 7 October broadcast as he discussed his departure, especially his negotiations with management a few days before. He would simply Tweet the word “Gone” shortly afterwards.

The rest of the episode was changed to music tracks and interim hosts were drafted in.

Triple M Hobart breakfast show cancelled

By Jonas Lopez in Media News on

Dave Noonan and Al Plath are up on Triple M Hobart’s breakfast circuit for only a short time longer. 

Southern Cross Austereo announced that the Dave Noonan Show with Al Plath has not been renewed for 2020. As such, their farewell show will be on 18 October. 

The decision also weighs heavily on Noonan, who’s been in the local radio scene for over 25 years.

“It’s been an absolute privilege to be in this role for this long. I have loved being part of the Hobart community and we have shared many laughs and tears along the way. I am excited about not getting up at 4.30am every morning!,” he said.

Triple M is yet to announce who will take over the breakfast slot in 2020.

RED FM brekky duo to head east

By Jonas Lopez in Media News on

Robbie Klitzing and Alana McLean are stepping down from the RED FM breakfast show to move to Melbourne.

The tandem revealed that Klitzing is going ahead to take up a content assistant post at GOLD 104.3. McLean is finishing up her work as WA Racing Ambassador next month and will follow him shortly afterwards. They have been on the show for almost three years.

There is also another reason for the move: they got engaged last week. 

“It’s so funny how things work out. We were first introduced by Fox FM ACD, James Speed, who we had both worked with, and the chemistry was there straight away! Our boss Dan Cole at RED FM agreed to pair us together… little did he know what was to come,” said Klitzing.

More News latest

VERSA puts in Sydney staff
VERSA has tapped new Sydney office staff.

Anne Wild and Associates earns Lux Collective deal
Anne Wild and Associates are in business with The Lux Collective.

DEC PR scores Sydney Fish Market deal
DEC PR is the new PR provider of the Sydney Fish Market.

Baldwin Boyle Group earns new accounts
The Baldwin Boyle Group has new clients on the record.

Wunderman Thompson lands Victorian Government gig
Wunderman Thompson and the Victoria Government have partnered for a new project. ... Show more