Marty to leave Kate, Tim, and Marty showBy Jonas Lopez in Media News on Monday, 27th July 2020 at 2:12pm
Marty Sheargold has given his notice and will exit NOVA Entertainment’s Kate, Tim, and Marty breakfast show, effective 11 September.
He said that after a decade with NOVA, the time was right for new things.
“I’d like to thank Tim and Kate for their support of my decision and wish them continued success with the show. Now feels like the right time for me professionally to keep challenging myself and to embrace future opportunities with renewed vigour and enthusiasm,” said Sheargold.
NOVA management has accepted his resignation and is preparing to find a replacement.
Comment and get full access to Influencing by registering for FREE
- Read and comment an all stories
- Weekly digest of media and PR news (optional)
- Post media releases to PRWire newswire
- Advertise job vacancies
- List your business in our PR directory
Please note that Influencing is used EXCLUSIVELY by media and influencers, as well as professionals who manage marketing and communications within their organisations, so we need a work email address.
More Media News
Spirit rebranded as SENSpiritBy Jonas Lopez in Media News on Thursday, 13th August 2020 at 1:34pm
Crocmedia is refashioning the former Spirit Radio Network into a new station called SENSpirit 621 Southwest (pictured).
Scheduled to go live on 24 August, SENSpirit 621 will cover WA from Bunbury to Harvey, and as far as Dunsborough and Donnybrook.
Crocmedia bought the 621AM frequency from Spirit in May this year.
NOVA readies staff cutsBy Jonas Lopez in Media News on Thursday, 13th August 2020 at 1:24pm
NOVA Entertainment is letting go of an estimated 70 employees.
NOVA CEO Cathy O’Connor announced the decision in a virtual town hall meeting, where she claimed lower ad revenues forced an internal review of all existing personnel.
The network already shed 15 jobs late last year.
The marked personnel will be notified over the next few weeks, but placement and skills training programs are already set up for them.
Smethurst to exit News Corp AustraliaBy Jonas Lopez in Media News on Thursday, 13th August 2020 at 12:15pm
Annika Smethurst has opted to leave her responsibilities at News Corp Australia next month.
She stated in a Tweet that she would be taking a one-year writing sabbatical and spend more time with her family in Victoria.
Currently political editor at the Sunday Telegraph and the Herald-Sun, Smethurst attributed the move to stress arising from the Australian Federal Police’s search of her house, related to her 2018 story about government plans to expand surveillance powers. The High Court later invalided the warrant and the police backed down from filing charges.
“She’s an outstanding reporter and a much-loved member of our team. We can’t wait to see what she does next. The concerns about press freedom, however, did not ease when the High Court threw out the spurious investigation into Annika,” the Sunday Telegraph’s editorial read.
“ABC journalist Dan Oakes still faces the threat of criminal charges over his reporting on alle
Seven introduces Spotlight investigations teamBy Jonas Lopez in Media News on Wednesday, 12th August 2020 at 2:22pm
7NEWS has activated a new investigative journalism team called Spotlight.
Led by Mark Llewellyn and Denham Hitchcock, the Spotlight crew is tasked to produce a new series of primetime specials, focusing on breaking news and deepdive stories.
The first Spotlight special is scheduled to air on 16 August. Spotlight: The Lindy Tapes details never-before-published audio recordings that tagged the police for plotting to implicate Lindy Chamberlain in the infamous outback disappearance of her baby daughter.
“It may be late, but the truth always finds its way out. Finally, broadcast for the first time, the police at the centre of this original investigation were hell-bent on locking up Lindy Chamberlain for life. Over a period of months our 7NEWS Spotlight team has tracked down the witnesses who have stayed silent for all these years, and uncovered shocking unseen camera tapes buried deep in the Channel Seven vault,” said Hitchcock.
Redundancies signaled at 10 NewsBy Jonas Lopez in Media News on Wednesday, 12th August 2020 at 2:20pm
Network 10 has a fresh wave of redundancies in its news and operations division, reported Mumbrella.
The move is part of a department restructure plan. Up to 25 people are set to depart with the list including presenters Mike Larkan, Georgina Lewis, Josh Holt, Rebecca Morse, Will Goodings, Kate Freebairn, Michael Schultz, Monika Kos, Kerri-Anne Kennerley, and Natarsha Belling, and national weatherman Tim Bailey.
Bailey’s exit is part of plans to introduce a national weekday weather report model, with his replacement to be announced.
Starting 14 September, the 10 studios in Sydney and Melbourne will produce the weekday 10 News First bulletins for Sydney, Brisbane and Perth, but production for the Adelaide news bulletin remains in SA. All news teams in the major cities will still be operational.
Sandra Sully and Matt Burke will host the Sydney and Brisbane news, while Jennifer Keyte and Stephen Quartermain will handle the bulletins for Melbourne and Adel
Wales off to TasmaniaBy Jonas Lopez in Media News on Wednesday, 12th August 2020 at 1:00pm
Sean Wales is signing off from ABC Wimmera in Horsham.
He stated in a Tweet that he will be going to Tasmania, as ABC Northern Tasmania’s new Drive producer.
Wales had been with the network since January 2019 after a year working the sports beat at the Wimmera-Mail Times.Follow Wales on Twitter @SeanWales01.