2TM and 929 in Tamworth have an exciting opportunity for an experienced radio journalist.
You will be responsible for the creation and delivery of news bulletins to a targeted audience on both our AM and FM stations, plus online articles and social media.
This position is ideal for a journalist looking to develop their career and willing to embrace life in the Country Music Capital of Australia.
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude, an excellent grasp of news and sport, with a good understanding of the day-to-day operations of a radio newsroom.
The position also requires the successful candidate to upload news stories to our social media platforms, on a daily basis and produce a weekly news podcast.
The successful candidate will possess:
• A positive attitude and be a team player
• Appropriate journalistic experience, skills and knowledge
• A confident and diverse reading style.
• A community focus, ensuring news content is developed in a way which builds local engagement
• Working with the Content Director when required to develop news strategies to engage our target audience for both stations
• A passion for regional news, with a willingness to own and grow the position
• A sound understanding of media law and ethics
• A current drivers licence
• The ability to work with minimal supervision, which is key in this role.
If being part of a great team and a station that prides itself on quality news, send your application and demo to our General Manager, Nikki Kenwrick. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close when we find a suitable applicant, so don’t delay.