GoFundMe Australia is looking for a communications contractor to join our team to help more Australians reach their fundraising goals. This is a fast-paced role helping Australians across the country, and around the world, share their stories and reach more potential donors.
We’re looking for a Sydney-based contractor to join our team four days a week to discover, pitch and manage national, state and regional media opportunities. This is an initial three month contract with the possibility to extend.
- GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives online. Everyday Australians are turning to GoFundMe to support a loved one, community, charity or stranger in their time of need.
- GoFundMe launched in Australia in 2016 and one in ten Australians have now donated to a GoFundMe fundraiser.
- 2020 has seen unprecedented levels of giving, from helping victims of the Australian bushfires, supporting with the health and economic impacts of COVID-19, indigenous injustice causes and beyond. Our Sydney-based team needs an extra set of hands to help Australian organisers reach their goals.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work directly with the GoFundMe comms team and campaign organisers to help facilitate media interviews and manage campaign amplification efforts to help more campaign organisers reach their fundraising goals.
- Discover, pitch and secure stories about GoFundMe campaigns and, where relevant, crowdfunding trends to key Australian media outlets.
Drive “impact comms” and bring to life the impact of donations with regional and national media outlets.
- Have your finger on the pulse of breaking issues and monitor for relevant campaigns, monitor live news feeds, social platforms, and digital sources to assemble and distribute the most engaging GoFundMe campaigns.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with reporters and generate positive news on a regular basis.
- Develop and deploy creative campaign media strategies and innovative PR plans highlighting inspiring GoFundMe campaigns and ensuring the role of their fundraising is front and centre.
- A Sydney-based contractor able to work flexibly both from home and at GoFundMe’s co-working space. GoFundMe will provide a laptop for work use only.
- A contractor with public relations experience, solid media contacts, a strong knowledge of Australia’s media landscape and key current and emerging societal issues across the country.
- Passion to help Australians in their time of need.
Send your CV to Grace at firstname.lastname@example.org
86 400 hiring marketing manager
Digital bank 86 400 has opened a post for a marketing manager, to be based in Sydney.
The marketing manager will work alongside the Marketing Lead, Acquisition Lead and CPMO, in building up 86 400’s growth in the neobanking market. They will, among other tasks, oversee the development of new content and seed it over official channels, plus run B2C and B2B activities.
The ideal candidate must have up to five years’ experience in the creative services and media environment, including at least two years on PR campaigns. They need to demonstrate competence in stakeholder and media relations, brand and reputation building of 86 400 and its services, and metrics analysis and development.
Producer sought for SKY News
SKY News is recruiting for a producer to be based in the Canberra bureau.
The producer will be primarily assigned to handle SKY News’ political coverage. The work will involve writing/editing content, organising shows with coordination from senior staff, and booking guests for the shows. They will also assist SKY News Canberra with other production matters.
Candidates must have worked at least two years in TV news production including writing for TV shows and editing videos. Deep familiarity with Australian politics at all levels is required and the applicant must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends if called for.
Drive host needed for 5MU
Applications close: 10/30/2020 08:10 PM
Murray Bridge, SA radio station 5MU is in the market for a new Drive show host.
The person will be tapped to run the show and engage the 40-54 year old demographic for regional SA with unique content. The work will be done in concert with Grant Broadcasters’ SA Content Director and Regional Content Director.
The ideal candidate must be an experienced radio presenter with a strong record in community broadcasts. The application packet should comprise a CV and an audio sample of their best aircheck.
ABC Mt Gambier to hire reporter
Applications close: 10/26/2020 02:10 AM
The ABC Mt Gambier studios is in need of a new reporter on a three-month part-time contract.
The person will be assigned to cover news developments within the Mt Gambier region and to produce the stories in line with ABC Regional processes, plus contribute to staff discussions. The content may include long-form articles, news bulletins, and interviews. The shifts will be two days a week.
Candidates must be journalists with an established body of work, including links to actual stories published and AV files of up to 5MB.
Great Southern Weekender to hire journalist
Applications close: 10/30/2020 08:10 PM
The Great Southern Weekender is in need of a new journalist for its newsroom in Albany, WA. It will be a fixed contract valid to 30 July 2021.
The person will be on regular coverage duties for the Weekender’s print and digital channels, with the content including associated pictures.
Applicants must have detailed experience in community journalism and have good photography skills. As the job may require traveling to other parts of the Great Southern region, the candidate should carry an unrestricted driver’s licence.